Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Game

My husband and I play a game every time he leaves.
It's a "no name" game.
Basically, we hide notes/letters all over the place for the other to find while we are apart.
I started this game about ten years ago when he left for a TDY trip. I taped a little note that said, "I love you and I'm thinking of you" to the back of his id card.
The next time, I pinned a note to the inside of his pants pocket.

He began as well.
I found the first one under my pillow: "I wish I were asleep beside you".
I found another one under the shampoo bottle: "I love the way your hair smells".
Another one wrapped up in the cord of my hair dryer...you get the point:)

These notes of love mean the WORLD to me!
I look forward to them every time.
That's one of my silver linings to a deployment.
They brighten my day and my mood!

I love the notes, but I really love that I'm worth the time to him.
He stops what he's doing.
He hand writes something sweet and unexpected.
He places them throughout the house strategically, so that I won't find them all at once.

My husband.



God is like that.
He blesses us daily.
Strategically.

Look around.
The flowers bloom in the Spring.
Summer brings the rain, the warmth.
Earth is blanketed in pure white snow in the Winter.
The leaves change colors right before your eyes in Autumn.
There is glory everywhere for our eyes to behold.

God takes a second to let us know He's here.
That person at the checkout that lets you go before them.
The smile from across the room.
The perfect timing of a song on the radio.
The phone ringing.
Friends.
A familiar scent.
A pleasant memory.
The clouds billowing in across the sky.
The sunrise.
The sunset.
A newborn baby.

Look around.
He's here.





No comments:

Post a Comment